Friday, October 2, 2009

Accelerator Program

I was recently invited to join Accelerator Program by Cameron Laker of Mindfield Group and Jade Bourelle from Hire Desk.  After the first introduction meeting, I was completely floored by what it has to provide…

The Accelerator Program is the catalyst that enables first-stage entrepreneurs to catapult your business to the next level. To qualify for the Accelerator Program you must apply before your 36th birthday and be the owner or founder of an operating business with gross annual revenues between US$250,000 and US$1 million. Educational content focuses on four key issues faced by first-stage entrepreneurs: strategic planning, sales and marketing, human resources and finance.

Any entrepreneur with a growing company knows that growth is a painful thing – financing, sales, marketing and finding the right talent are huge obstacles.  Being an entrepreneur is also a lonely journey sometimes – I sometimes find myself talking to my friends and family about my challenges but I get big saucer eyes staring back at me.  Entrepreneurs are of a different breed – masochistic, egotistical and stubborn.  We don’t believe that any thing is impossible and we don’t take no for an answer. 

Accelerator Program is a lead in into the Entrepreneur Organization where members each make over a million a year.  It provides peer-to-peer support, expert session and access to seasoned entrepreneurs such as Jade Bourelle, Brian Scudamore, Mike Desjanins – all whom I have deep respect for. 

It literally is an MBA class – if you make over $250,000 a year make sure you apply!  Thank you Cameron and Jade for the invite!

Posted via email from minna's posterous